Last updated: December 14, 2021
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Categories of Personal Information We Collect.
Depending on how you use the Service or otherwise interact with us or other users on the Service, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Identifiers and contact information, such as your real name, email address, IP address and similar information;
- Account information, such as your username, password, the college your account is associated with, account activity and similar information;
- Communication information, such as information submitted through forms available on the Services and other similar information; and
- Other information you provide to us.
Other Information We Collect
Depending on how you interact with the Service, the Usage Data that we, or third parties acting on our behalf, may collect may include, without limitation:
- Device information, such as IP address, general geographic location, operating system, browser type, language preferences, mobile phone number, device identifier, and other similar information associated with a device used to access, use, or interact with the Services;
- Information about interactions with the Services, such as links that are clicked, pages or screens that are viewed, access and session times and other similar information associated with a device used to access, use, or interact with the Service; and
- Information about internet and network activity, such as information about how you arrived at our Service and other similar information.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Directly from You
When you access, use, or otherwise interact with the Service, or otherwise engage with us in connection with the Service, such as requesting information about us or communicating with us we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information. Some of the Personal Information we request with respect to certain features of the Service may not be required, however, we will let you know if specific Personal Information is required to use those features. If you do not provide us with the Personal Information required to use a certain feature on the Service, you will not be able to use that feature, especially those features where we are legally required to collect the Personal Information and those where it is impossible for the feature to operate without the required Personal Information.
From Third Parties
We, or third parties acting on our behalf, may collect Personal Information about you from third parties, such as our service providers, the college on whose behalf you access, use, or interact with the Service, or others that refer you to us (collectively, “Third Party Sources”).We, or third parties acting on our behalf, may combine the content and information we, or third parties acting on our behalf, receive from Third Party Sources with any information we, or third parties acting on our behalf, obtain about you in connection with the Service.
HOW WE COLLECT USAGE DATA
We, and third parties acting on our behalf, collect Usage Data in a variety of ways. Some Usage Data, such as the IP address of a device attempting to access, use or interact with the Service, is necessary for us to make certain portions of the Service available. Other Usage Data, such as information about what features of the Service are popular, help us to improve the Service. The primary ways Usage Data is collected in connection with the Service are through:
- The systems used to make the Service available. When you access, use, or interact with the Service, these systems automatically record certain information that your browser or device sends whenever you visit a website or utilize an online application as well as information about how long your device is connected to the Service and the activities that device engages in while connected.
- Third party analytics tools, including, without limitation, the following:
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information for various purposes to operate and improve the Service and to conduct our related business operations. The primary purposes for which we use Personal Information are for non-marketing purposes, including: (1) operating and improving the Service; (2)validating your identity; (3) communicating with you via email or other communication methods; (4)complying with legal and regulatory requirements; (5) customizing your experience with the Service;(6) protecting and defending us against legal actions or claims; (7) preventing fraud; (8) cooperating with law enforcement or other governmental agencies for purposes of investigations, national security, public safety or matters of public importance where we believe that disclosure of Personal Information is necessary or appropriate to protect the public interest; (9) those you authorize or instruct us to do; and (10) other business purposes permitted under applicable law.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we, or third parties acting on our behalf, collect in connection with the Service for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
For business purposes, we may share certain Personal Information we, or third parties acting on our behalf, collect in connection with the Service from and about you and about your relationship with us, with certain third parties. Doing so allows us to operate the Service and conduct our associated business operations. The third parties that we may share Personal Information with include:
- Our service providers in connection with the services they provide to us, including, without limitation, fraud protection and prevention. We require these service providers to exercise reasonable care to protect the Personal Information we share with them and restrict their use of the Personal Information to the purposes for which it was provided to them.
- To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may disclose Personal Information and other information to government and law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe is necessary or appropriate to investigate, respond to and defend against legal claims, for legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our property and rights of those of a third party, to protect us against liability, for the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, fraudulent, abusive or legally actionable activity, to protect the security and integrity of the Service and any equipment used to make the Service available or to comply with applicable laws.
- Any third party to whom you consent and/or instruct us to provide your Personal Information.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
- Third parties whose content is linked to the Service. Any links to other websites, applications, or other third party content on the Service, are not an endorsement, authorization, or representation of our affiliation with any third party and we are not responsible for the content, privacy and security policies and practices of any third party. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements applicable to any third party websites, applications, or content you access.
- Other users of the Service. Depending on how you access, use, or interact with the Service, other users may collect information about you that is published or otherwise generally made available on the Service. While we place restrictions on what our users are allowed to do with information made available to them on or through the Service, including, without limitation as set forth in the Acceptable Use Policy available on our website, we are not responsible for any misuse of any information, including Personal Information, by any user. If you believe that another user has misused your Personal Information or any other information available on or through the Service, please contact us email@example.com.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain commercially reasonable safeguards to maintain the security and privacy of Personal Information we collect and use in connection with the Service. However, when disclosing Personal Information, you should remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and that there is an inherent risk in the use of email and the Internet. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, and any Personal Information you disclose is done so at your own risk. Your Personal Information may be intercepted without our knowledge or consent, collected illegally and/or used by third parties that are not affiliated with and/or controlled by us.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or feedback you have pertaining to our privacy practices.