DMI will strive to provide prompt and professional claims investigation. DMI will strive to expedite the claim to a cost effective resolution ensuring a fair and equitable settlement.
The Wisconsin Technical College System Districts formed a municipal mutual Insurance Company known as Districts Mutual Insurance (DMI). In its brief existence, DMI has garnered attention through publication in several nationally syndicated magazines as well winning several awards.
- Community Colleges Presentation (URMIA) – January 2012
- University Risk Management Insurance Association (URMIA) Outstanding Achievement for Public Risk Management (Finalist)- October 2007
- Risk Management Magazine – Article Published August 2006 Issue
- PRIMA Magazine – Article Published October 2005
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) – Award for Excellence Management & Service Delivery – July 2005
- Community College Futures Assembly – Bellwether Award Finalist January 2005
- Community College Business Officers – Exemplary Practices Financial Resources – October 2004
In 2004, several exciting events were occurring in Wisconsin. Among the most significant:
- The Packers won the NFC North with Brett Favre at quarterback.
- Jim Doyle, a Democrat, was in his second year as governor.
- The sixteen Wisconsin Technical Colleges cooperatively joined in the formation of Districts Mutual Insurance. (DMI)
Several commercial marketplace conditions were driving the creation of DMI:
- Anticipated rate increases had serious budget repercussions creating financial challenges for the Colleges.
- Underwriting guidelines were restrictive.
- Coverage limits decreased.
- Deductibles increased to unacceptable levels.
- Market availability declined.